Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 17, 2020 - Happy Easter!

I left early towards Franchard, only to discover that the parking of Franchard Isatis was still not accessible. Despite that I was early, a good handful of cars was already parked along the road instead, and so did I.
With social distancing on my mind, I had planned to try some isolated boulders in Franchard Hauts Sablons and walked straight to the one with "Délit de Droite".
The skin on my fingers felt sore from yesterday, but still I was able to do "Délit de Droite" on my first warm up attempt. The boulder still felt cold from the night and the slopers were in quite good condition.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - Délit de Droite 7B




On the same boulder and sharing the same exit, "La Gauche au Pouvoir" took me quite some more tries and skin, but I managed to work me up. Very bad sloper for the left hand on the first move.
I nearly finished the longer version that starts all the way left, but my fingers skin was starting to become sweaty and the slopers were warming up in the sun.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - La Gauche au Pouvoir 7B+




Back at the car,  cars  were now parked until very far in both directions and both sides.
Making a detour through Achêres-la-Forêt on the way home, all parkings of the Trois Pignons were more than full and area around Noisy-sur-Ecole was completely congested as it would be on an extremely busy Easter weekend.
After all, you can't blame all the people that want to enjoy the forest after such a long time.

UPDATE:
The line "Pas à Moi" on boulder 15 on the topo of La Charbonnière, was opened by David Evrard; originally with a sitstart.
David has opened much more variations, that can be seen his video on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/326997026

No comments:

Post a Comment