Saturday, May 30, 2020

May 30, 2020 - Keeping my distance.

With again a long and beautiful pre-Summer weekend ahead of us, it promised to be very crowded again in the popular areas.
Making sure to keep my distance, I headed to the quiet area of Mare aux Joncs in the Coquibus.
It started to get hot soon though, but the boulder of "Plasma" was luckily for the most in the shade. Not a luxury with the bad slopers that had to be used for the last moves.
I had noted down quite some boulders that I wanted to try again, but already after my first attempt on "Plasma', I knew that I would have to make the choice between keeping on trying until the finish and loose a major amount of skin on my first boulder of the day, or go for the others first.
For several reasons, I chose the first option, lost a lot of skin, but ended up doing "Plasma".

Fontainebleau - Mare aux Joncs - Plasma 7B




I did still try the nearby "Le Tri-Phasé" which unfortunately was getting direct sun after a short time and got close-but-no-cigar on "Les Abstentionnistes" on the same boulder, but then the shady side.
Close to home, the gendarmerie had blocked the access roads towards the big popular parkings of Les Trois Pignons.

No comments:

Post a Comment