Saturday, May 16, 2020

May 16, 2020 - Social distancing.

The forest has opened up again, but social distancing is advised and groups can not be bigger than 10 people.
I left early today and went to Mont Pivot, knowing that I would not see much people there.
A few years ago, I had tried "Le Passeur", but somehow, despite many attempts, never was able to hold steady on those starting crimps and couldn't even set off for the dynamic move.
It didn't give me much trouble now, as I did it on my first attempt today.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - Le Passeur 7A




I briefly tried "Stalker" next to it, but couldn't even lift my butt off the ground, so decided to walk to the more or less isolated boulder of "À Bout de Souffle", just below "Pancras".
I can't remember who and when told me about an easier "biscuited" 7B variation on "À Bout de Souffle", with a dyno to an oblique hold on the left, but it turned out to be a very nice version. The dyno is less far, but the swing afterwards is quite hard to hold.
Took me quite some effort and lost a good amount of skin, but it was well worth it. I wonder why it has never been published.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - À Bout de Souffle Biscuit 7B




In the meantime I heard a lot of hikers walking on the nearby 25 Bosses path and by the time I arrived back at the car, it was fully parked everywhere and there was no sign of social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment