Friday, August 23, 2019

August 23, 2019 - Sing me a song.

It was only a short visit to Apremont Ouest this evening after work, but still I managed to top out "Lullaby".
Basically it adds two hard moves to get into the standing start, but they seemed to fit me well. One of them is a beautiful shoulder move that for some reason reminded me of Pieter. I was delighted to get a call from later this evening, confirming that he will be here again after quite some time, but that as a long side note.

I had tried "Lullaby" before one day, but it was in bad conditions and I couldn't make much of it. I wanted to go back for it, but of course forgot about it until recently.
The overhang is facing a shadowy East, so usually dries slowly, but after the drought we had, and being in the cool shade, the conditions were quite good now. The crimps needed some tries for the friction to become better, but as soon as they were, it was only a matter of executing the very nice moves on this beautiful line.
Grade wise though, it felt more like 7C at most, maybe even 7B+. Nevertheless, a stunning line.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Lullaby 7C+


No comments:

Post a Comment