Monday, June 10, 2019

June 10, 2019 - Sue the weatherman.

My now ex-colleague but still good friend, Harco, was supposed to come over to visit and climb, but due to the bad weather forecast, he decided to stay home. Considering the predicted rain, it was a logical decision, despite my proposal that we could always do a walk, a sarcastic joke we use trying to stay positive at rainy times.

This morning, everything was indeed wet and from time to time a darker cloud dropped some light drizzle. By noon however, the sky cleared up here and there, and despite it was still wet, I headed to the forest.
To keep it safe, I stayed close to home, and went to 95.2, where it turned out to be much more crowded than I had expected. The boulder of "La Ritz" was dry enough and I decided to try the sitstart.

It didn't take long before I was able to quite easily work my way through the first part, up to the crux move, which I couldn't manage to stick. At least not using the method I used when I did it from the standstart not long ago.
I had to find another, more static, method to get past the crux move and focussed on doing the standstart again with another method.
I managed to top out the standstart again using a static method, but had lost too much skin and energy in the meantime to repeat it from the sitstart. However, I'm quite sure that with this method, I will be able to do the sitstart soon.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - La Ritz 7A+(7B) (static method)




I had to think of Harco sometimes, that maybe it would have been worth the trip after all. With all these wrong weather forecasts, somebody should sue the weatherman. Or he could have gone for the walk instead and be treated with climb as bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment