Friday, November 30, 2018

November 30, 2018 - Autumn ingredients.

Monday, I received a new Mondo and Drop Zone crashpad from Black Diamond, but due to bad weather and priorities at work, I hadn't been able to put any of them to use, until today.
The past two weeks were made of typical Autumn ingredients. Cold, fog, grey clouds, plenty of rain and an almost constantly 100% air humidity.
It felt a bit weird to change from my old to the new Mondo, but must say that there quite some improvements on the way the belts are fixed and the materials used. At least, that's what it feels like.
It also felt lighter, but that was until I packed the rest of my stuff in it.

The new Mondo and Drop Zone.

From old to new.

Finally today, it barely rained since yesterday, and I was able to take a few hours off, so I decided to go the open hilltop of 91.1, a place where the boulders usually dry quite quickly.
Recently, "Le Gardien de But" was published, but I had the impression that it was done already long ago. Or maybe it has been an unfinished forgotten project for a long time.
Reason why I write that, is because I remember looking at that line almost ten years ago, thinking how impossible it looked.
Little did I know that after such a long time, I would come back to this and add it it to my done-list moments later.

Fontainebleau - 91.1 - Le Gardien de But 7C




On my way back I stopped at Roche aux Sabots and got shut down in the new physical problem from Tony (Fouchereau), "Ventri Lock". Something I will come back for soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment