Sunday, November 4, 2018

November 04, 2018 - Activating last energy.

Yesterday afternoon I had  to drive to Belgium, but after a long drive back again this morning, I was again home just before noon. Well in time to join Pieter in the not so popular area of Rocher du Guetteur.
I found Pieter warming up in "L'Attaque Massive", but the conditions were quite bad, not to say wet, and we quickly decided to find the what could have been the only completely dry boulder of the area, the overhanging wall of "Énergie d'Activation".

Even though the conditions felt quite good at first, the air humidity was very high and the friction dependant small holds became dark and fast.
I felt quite tired from the long drive just earlier, but after having slept in his small car, an Audi A3, for a whole week, Pieter was in much worse condition than I was, so we took it easy and allowed some time between tries for the holds to dry out.
However, again Pieter impressed me by finishing "Énergie d'Activation" before me, especially because it involved a dyno near the end, something that he would have passed for until not long ago.

It took me quite a few tries more and already started to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to top it out today, but after taking a longer break, and allowing the holds to dry even more, I activated the last bits of energy I had in me and unexpectedly stuck the dyno to the jug.
A very nice line this one!

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Guetteur - Énergie d'Activation 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment