Saturday, January 13, 2018

January 13, 2018 - Watch your step.

The sky was blue early this morning, but by the time I was able to leave, it was already becoming grey again.
I didn't worry about it too much, because there was no rain predicted and the air felt dry.
The plan was to join Pieter and Bram (Honorez) in Cuvier Sorcières.

Pieter and I arrived first and started warming up in the sector where "Saruman" is.
Last time I was here, the boulders were wet and I could't try anything, but now they were all dry and I warmed up in "Baba Yaga".
An easy sitstart, a little crux move to match both hands on bad slopers, followed by a mantle with only a few tiny crimps that took me while to find them.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Sorcières - Baba Yaga 7A




Pieter still did the standing start, simply because he forgot to sit down.

Just right of "Baba Yaga", on the same boulder, I wanted to try "Sortilège".
A lot of compression on non existant holds on the top, only very bad slopers. Especially on a day like today when it is dry, but the friction is hardly there.
I can imagine that it would feel easier in good conditions, but now this felt like a good 7B.
Recommended for those who like slopers.
Just watch out when trying to step over some pad there, Pieter proved it can be tricky!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Sorcières - Sortilège 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment