Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 14, 2018 - Sunshine!

What an unexpectedly beautiful day it was today!

It was still freezing when I arrived at Coquibus Rumont this morning, but the sky was blue and the sun was rising, so it was going to warm up soon.
Pieter joined me and we walked to the far end of the area to try "Freestyle".
By the time we got there, I already felt warmed up from the walk and started trying the separate moves.
I ended up doing all the moves separately, climbed the problem in several overlapping parts, but the conditions didn't stay good for enough to do some real good attempts from the start. The holds started sweating after a while and had to move.
Pieter needed some more time to warm up, but made good progress and came up with some nice solutions that suited his style better as opposed to the regular method used.

We found a perfect spot in the sun at "Petit Crocodile" and started trying it.
Last time we were here, we wanted to try it too, but due to lack of time we finally didn't, but now we went for it.

It didn't take me long to send it.
I wanted to repeat it though, because Pieter had accidentally held my swing while trying to spot me, not knowing if I was going to hold on.
I knew that I would have held on in any case, but wanted to repeat it more cleanly anyway.
A very nice problem!

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Rumont - Petit Crocodile 7B




Pieter came very close and did the standing start, but had to give up on the sitstart in the end.
He didn't want to force him too much on it anymore, but still felt like trying something else before leaving.

We decided to spend the last half an hour we still had on "Ça se Mange sans Faim", a rarely repeated wall just below "Petit Crocodile".
With only three registered repetitions on bleau.info, by Steven (Demets) and Ivan (Moreels) back in 2010 and someone else in 2015, it was noticeable by the quite dirty wall.

I managed to top it out on my second attempt, but must admit that I had to go deep on that dirty mantle where there are no holds to be found at all.
It was nicer than it looked!

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Rumont - Ça se Mange sans Faim 7A




It felt great to finally have the sun out again and see some blue sky again for longer than ten minutes!
As it looks like now, the rain will return tomorrow and it will last for a whole week again.
It's a good thing we had today!

No comments:

Post a Comment