Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 27, 2018 - When will it stop?

When will it stop?
A question that's on many's mind.
Even older Bleausards say that they have never seen such humidity and plain wetness for such a long time before. I can only agree with them.

For today it was finally announced to be quite sunny again, but when looking out of the window early in the morning, all I could see was a dense fog and a dark grey sky.
Another look at my weather app revealed that the predictions had changed into grey clouds all day.
I had planned to go to Apremont Désert to try "La Corne de Rhino", knowing that it dries quickly, but I had to be patient and started cleaning the bathrooms upstairs. Time passes more quickly when you're busy.

I was pleasantly surprised when Pieter wrote that he and Alberto were having a coffee in Milly-la-Forêt, because I didn't expect them to be in the forest this weekend.
The latest weather predictions they saw before leaving were those when it was still supposed to be sunny and they also were disappointed when waking up this morning and seeing all that grey.
They agreed to join me to Apremont Désert and we met on the parking a while later.
There was no need to hurry, because we all knew that almost everything would be wet anyway.

I was already warmed up from the long walk when I arrived at "La Corne de Rhino", it was already 13h and still the fog and grey sky were ever present.
The small boulder was as good as the only dry one in the area and even in remarkably good conditions as opposed to the previous session when I worked in it.
I took my time working out the moves again and in between tries I didn't touch the holds for a few minutes, to avoid them becoming humid, which can happen fast with this humidity in the air.
Almost an hour later, I suddenly linked all the moves and topped out.

A beautiful problem with some really nice moves! Fits quite my style.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - La Corne de Rhino 7B+(7C)




Pieter, who was climbing some circuit routes together with Alberto to warm up, joined me and noticed that there was still a direct line to left of the start "La Corne de Rhino", called "Le Rhino-Féroce".
A 7A+(7A) with slopers that looked in good condition. I mean, it could have been worse.

I only needed two attempts and Pieter followed directly after.
It was a nice problem, but felt like a soft 7A at most.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Le Rhino-Féroce 7A+(7A)




Alberto, who is normally not good with slopers also made some promising attempts, but he had to let it go for another time.
Back in the main area, we worked a bit in "Jabbawockeez", but time went fast and I had to leave.

More rain announced tonight and grey clouds all day tomorrow.
When will it stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment