Friday, August 25, 2017

August 25, 2017 - Please be gentle.

Still recovering, but yesterday I felt that the bit of climbing I did the day before, actually had done good to my back. I could move better without pain, but I decided to give it another rest yesterday, just to be sure.
Today, I really wanted to climb. I needed it to channel away the stress from the past week at work.

Without wanting to force anything, I went to try "Le Mandarin (droite)" in Roche aux Oiseaux.
I remember that when I repeated "Le Mandarin (sans convention)" a couple of weeks ago, the first move to the sloper on the right, really hurt my back a lot, and now I wanted to try it's easier version to see how that move would feel now.
I wasn't going to overdo it, I was going to be gentle.

On my first try already, I could feel that there was still some pain, but not the same kind of pain and much less.
The more I gently practiced the move, the better it felt, even though there felt something ever present.
The crux is the same as for "Le Mandarin (sans convention)", letting go of the left foot without swinging too far.
The other moves felt like usual, but unwillingly I'm being much more careful.
Gentle  is the key.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Le Mandarin (droite) 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment