Sunday, August 27, 2017

August 27, 2017 - Four in a row.

Yesterday evening, my back hurt a lot because of all the climbing earlier that day.
Sometimes I even had such short flashes of stunning pain that I feared the worst.
My wife however, who is a skilled and certified masseuse, massaged the stuck muscles in my back loose again and this morning when I woke I felt like a different person.
My back almost felt like normal again and there was nothing left from the pain I had yesterday evening.

I met Pieter again early afternoon on the parking of Rocher de la Reine.
We both had soar skin and muscles from the day before, but we were motivated. Especially me, without noteworthy back pain.
A big thunderstorm with a lot of rain early in the morning at around 7h, had made everything wet and the burning sun was making the air humid in the forest, so we walked all the way uphill to climb on some boulders that are more out in open, where the humid in the air dissipates faster.
Our reasoning seemed to be correct, because four of the five problems we had in mind were dry.

Pieter wanted to warm up in some blue ones, and me, motivated as I was, immediately turned my attention to "Le Dragon du Komodo".
After working out the moves on the prow, I pressed record and sent "Le Dragon du Komodo" on my first attempt from the start.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Le Dragon du Komodo (droite) 7A+




This had boosted my motivation even more, and after consuming the necessary amount of water in this heat, I sat down in "Boby (assis)", but couldn't reach the starting hold when sitting on the mini pad alone, hence the crashpad.
It went down on my second attempt, even though I hadn't noticed the good holds on the top that was covered with pine needles.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Boby (assis) 7A+




While I was taking a short break, Pieter had rejoined me and had started trying some of the lines on this nice piece of rock.
Unfortunately, Pieter was having a real "off-weekend" and wasn't able to finish anything despite some good attempts.
I, on the other hand, still managed to squeeze out and finish "Le Dragon du Komodo", which I definitely found harder than it's exit on the right. I didn't expect to still top this one out today.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Le Dragon du Komodo 7A+




Pieter called it a day after some more good attempts in "Le Dragon du Komodo" and with the half hour we still had left I was hoping to make it "four in a row" and attempted "La Porte du Temps" right next to it.
Easy start, but a damn hard and especially scary mantle!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - La Porte du Temps 7A




When we were walking back to the parking, I still didn't have any pain and felt truly relieved.
I still can't climb to my full potential yet, because some movements still hurt a bit, but there is huge improvement to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment