Saturday, January 20, 2024

January 20, 2024 - The suggestion.

Theo (Konstantakopoulos) suggested me try a couple problems that he has opened, and "Banzaï (assis)" in Cassepot Roches Grises definitely took my attention.
It was -7°C when I got out of bed this morning, but the sun was shining, so I expected enjoyable weather with good conditions today. As I had drive my youngest son, Noah, to one of his friends, it was already around noon when I arrived at the boulder, but it was still below 0°C and the boulder itself felt freezing cold. I took my time to warm up and stretch a bit and could feel the warmth of the sun peaking through the trees. The difference with last week, when it was also freezing but cloudy, was amazing and I really enjoyed the warmth of the sun. It's amazing how even a low Winter sun can make the freezing cold so much more bearable.
For some reason, I felt tired and already after a few attempts in "Banzaï (assis)", my arms felt slightly pumped. Even putting power in the left toehook was a struggle at times. I didn't give my arms the chance to get too pumped by taking a longer break, during which I watched my own video of when I did the low start of "Banzaï", which reminded of small details that I was doing wrong. Thanks to those details, I was able to finish "Banzaï (assis)" immediately after my break.
I really enjoyed the fight on this problem of which the sitstart adds some really nice moves. Thanks to Theo for the vision and the suggestion.

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Grises - Banzaï (assis) 7B+



Even though, I had been able to warm up my toes in the sun from time to time, the sun was getting lower, which made it cool down again substantially. I knew that going to try another harder problem wouldn't be feasible anymore, so I finished the session by doing the easier and nearby "Crampe in the Ghetto (assis droite)" on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Grises - Crampe in the Ghetto (assis droite) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment