Thursday, January 4, 2024

January 04, 2024 - Serval.

As I will leave for Belgium tomorrow morning to visit family for the weekend, I only had today left for climbing before starting work again on Monday. There was still a lot of wind after yesterday's rain, so I was pretty confident that "Serval" would be dry. I had worked out all but of the moves yesterday and with them still being fresh in my head and body, I wanted to finish it off.
Apart from first two moves, "Serval" is very friction dependent and amazingly the slopers were in excellent condition. The friction was exactly what it had to be. I must have been quite tired already when I worked in it yesterday, because this morning I had the missing immediately figured out and I was ready for attempts from the start. Barely fifteen minutes later, I was able to work my way to the top. It felt a bit soft for the grade, but I realize that this was mainly thanks to the excellent friction.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Bizons - Serval 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment