Saturday, January 27, 2024

January 27, 2024 - Better than a honeymoon.

I had planned to try several problems in Cuvier Sorcières and Cuvier Est, but my initial goal was to work in "Le Proueptologue (assis)". 
After some stretching, I warmed up with the easy "Presse-toi", about 20m above "Le Proueptologue". The sitstart of "Presse-toi" followed immediately after the standing start. A hard first move, but everything after, didn't real feel hard enough for the proposed 7B. Nevertheless, it was good as a warmup.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Sorcières - Presse-toi (assis) 7B



Working in "Le Proueptologue (assis)" went quite well, and even though I can do the problem in two overlapping parts, stitching it all together requires more consistency in the moves and I sort of quickly lost motivation for it. Somehow, I had the feeling that it would be more fun with someone else trying it too, allowing me to rest and enjoy the process more than being alone.
I decided to stop and try "Lune de Miel" on my way back, a problem that has been on my list since I tried it a few years ago. Today, for my second session, I had to rethink about how I did the first part. The only thing that I really remembered was that I used a toehook left to be able to grab the tiny pinch statically left hand. I soon realized that even though the moves are beautiful, they are very delicate and there is absolutely no room for error on each of them. It was good thing that another climber, Fabien, gave me a couple of tips for the last part.
After many tries, even though I didn't expect it all, I was able to top out this beauty, just on that one time that Fabien decided to film it too.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Est - Lune de Miel 7B




No comments:

Post a Comment