Tuesday, December 26, 2023

December 26, 2023 - Man on fire.

Climbing "La Gaule (assis)" yesterday was in a good flow, but despite that, I could feel it on my body when I woke up this morning. After having some breakfast, I was driving to Mont Aiveu when it started drizzling. It wasn't much at first, but as I continued, the drizzle got harder, to the point that it didn't make sense to drive on, so I turned around, back home.
When it looked dry again in the afternoon, I played safe and went to the nearby J.A. Martin area to try the relatively new "L'Homme en Feu". With all the rain and humidity the last few weeks, the chance for forest fires is extremely low, but the boulder of "Couleur de Feu" always looks like it's on fire due to the it's orange yellowish color.
I flashed "L'Homme en Feu", but was really to falling off near the top when I discovered that there was barely anything to hold on to, which I didn't expect. My fingers were still very cold and I could barely feel what I was holding on to, but managed to stick and work my way up.
Unfortunately, the bottom part under the roof was dripping wet, so I wasn't able to try the sitstart. It will be an excuse to come back to this very nice boulder some other day.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - L'Homme en Feu 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment