Monday, December 25, 2023

December 25, 2023 - No extra weight.

I had tried "La Gaule (assis)" several sessions in a row, when the conditions allowed for it, but bad weather forced me to take a short break from it. As I had kept an eye on the weather forecast, I determined that one of the best chances where time and conditions sort of came together, was today, Christmas Day. Trying to make sure to avoid any unpleasant surprises, I avoided over eating yesterday, on Christmas Eve. A mistake that happened to me a few times already.
Arriving at Cuvier around 11h this morning, the boulders looked all dry, and it was weird to see only three cars on the parking, a very unusual sight at Cuvier on a public holiday and dry boulders. It only was to my advantage. The boulder of "La Gaule" is a bit deeper in the forest though, but my last fears crumbled when I arrived at the boulder. It was dry!
The last session, I made from the sitstart into the standing start nearly every time, and it was only near the end of my previous session that I turned my focus on better dialing the details for the standing part. This time, I decided to climb the standing start as a warmup and get the muscle memory going. I didn't want to allow any room for error in minor details that could potentially prevent me from topping out. The standing start went very quick and I repeated it once again before taking a short break and attack from the sitstart.
Only a handful attempts after the break, I worked my way to the top and was somewhat speechless when I stood up there again. It was one of those times where my mind was completely clear and everything flowed as if I was on auto pilot. Couldn't have gotten myself a better Christmas present than this.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Ouest - La Gaule (assis) 7C(7C+)

No comments:

Post a Comment