Sunday, December 3, 2023

December 03, 2023 - Lost & found.

The last couple of days of the work week, I had been looking forward to go and try "Gaïa" in Rocher Brûlé this weekend, and the conditions yesterday were great. Despite that, when I left home yesterday morning, I completely lacked motivation and when I started trying "Gaïa", I just couldn't give myself for a 100%. I have absolutely no idea why or how come, but the motivation stayed gone and trying to force it to return didn't seem to work. Disappointed with myself, I decided to pack up and stop at Mont Pivot on my way home. Unfortunately, also in Mont Pivot, my motivation was still lost and no matter what I tried, it just didn't get better, so even more disappointed, I went back home.
This morning though, I could immediately feel that the motivation was back, but decided to go to Cuvier Nord to try "Rencontre Plus-Tonique". The conditions were less than yesterday, but still good and after doing the topout of "Rencontre Plus-Tonique" as a warmup, I was able to finish the whole problem on my second attempt. It was a good morale boost and I felt very motivated again.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Nord - Rencontre Plus-Tonique 7B



With the motivation found back, I walked to the boulder of "La Gaule" and was pleasantly surprised to see that the tree that fell on the boulder, had been moved out of the way, making it possible to try it again.
I had done the standing start of "La Gaule" in August 2016 and tried the sitstart briefly, but couldn't even get my butt off the ground and concluded that it must be too morpho. A few years ago though, I returned and was able to get up and almost reach the right arete. When I wanted to back and dedicate some time in it about a year ago, it was the day that I noticed that a tree had fallen on the boulder and I didn't want to spend time and energy trying to move it, so I left it, until today. It was a productive session and this time, I was able to climb from the sit up to one move into the standing start several times, but my skin was quite bad and I kept on slipping off at that point. No disappointment when I left, because I had found a new project that I want to spend some time on and more importantly, also found my motivation back.

No comments:

Post a Comment