Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23, 2023 - The smell of honey.

Last weekend was one of those that one would start doubting about himself, but I realized that it was mainly due to painful skin and swollen hands because of the heat that it was not very productive. Nevertheless, I was happy about the progress I had made on "Tous les Couples sont Permis" in Videlles l'Abbatoir, and going back to it with fresh skin didn't leave my mind the whole week. My youngest is performing on two spectacles tomorrow at school and as I wouldn't to miss that, I didn't immediately see a chance to go back to it tomorrow. At least not in the most ideal conditions, given that it will be a very hot day. Today was hot as well, but it had rained quite a lot the last few days, so the boulders in the shade must have had the chance to cool down. When the opportunity presented itself to go for a climb in the evening, I took and set off to Videlles after diner.
It was still very hot when I walked between the forest and the open fields, but as soon as I entered the dense forest, it felt much cooler. Unfortunately, the air felt humid because of the rain of the last few days. When I walked past the beehives close the boulder, I was welcomed by a strong smell of honey. The bees had been doing good work since last week apparently. Unfortunately, to the mosquitos, I must have smelled like honey too, because they were all around and over me merely seconds after I arrived and took off my T-shirt at the shady spot in front of the boulder.
I still remembered the moves very well and could do all of them separately immediately as a warmup. I could almost smell the send between the honey. It still turned out to be a hard fight, and I even had to take a longer break after falling off over and over, but slowly making progress along the way. Then suddenly, while focusing on my breath and executing the moves without thinking, I was able to hold the small crimp right hand while holding on to a bad slopey pinch left hand. I knew that I I stayed focused there, I would top it out. I took the arete, looked at and aimed for the good hold left hand, reached for it and only had it with my fingertips. For a split second, I had the impression to slip off, but I tightened the hold as a crimp and then I knew it was done. Really happy with this beauty! One that can easily fit in with all the other 84 7C's that I have done in the forest.

Fontainebleau - Videlles l'Abbatoir - Tous les Couples sont Permis 7B+(7C)

No comments:

Post a Comment