Sunday, June 4, 2023

June 04, 2023 - A shady spot.

In the search for some shady climbing this morning, I decided to go to Boissy Le Goulot and passed by the Boissy aux Cailles graveyard first, suspecting that Jan (Gorrebeeck) had spent the night there and still was drinking his morning coffee. My suspicion was correct and Jan didn't need any convincing to join me to climb in Le Goulot.
After a short warmup, we turned to "La Morille", which I had tried already several times, but somehow never figured out the whole problem and unable to top it out. This morning though it all came quickly and I was finally able to top it out. Jan used had another method in mind and I even repeated it quickly doing what he had in mind, followed by Jan soon after.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Goulot - La Morille 7A



After a short break, we turned to "Ségovia", an ascending traverse that I had tried one session a month or two ago, but couldn't finish it off due to lack of energy, despite having done the problem in two overlapping parts.
We both did the topout first to make sure we didn't have to think about what to do when coming from the start, and unknowing what got it into me, I somehow was able to do the whole beauty barely ten minutes later. A really nice boulder with perfect texture and even with the heat of today very doable thanks for being in the shade all the time. It was a perfect shady spot. 
Even though Jan fell off the last crux a few times, he hadn't been able to finish it before I left, but as he mentioned that he still had another attempt in him after going to take a long break, I do hope that he was able to send it as well. It would be a deserved effort.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Goulot - Ségovia 7B+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment