Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11, 2023 - Collective Energy.

There was a lot that I wanted to do at home and with no good weather predicted, I didn't expect much of climbing today. The weather turned out unexpectedly nice though and a lot had dried up by the afternoon. Jan (Gorrebeeck) and Gina are here for three weeks and when proposed to go have a look at "Energie Collective" in 95.2, I agreed to meet him there. Even though it was on my list, I had never taken the time to try it, also because it looked a bit out of my league. I was glad to meet Jan there though and without any expectations at all, we started working out the problem. I was surprised to do the first two moves quickly and continued working the crux separately. The boulder is very morpho though, but when Jan mentioned the possibility of doing a toehook on the right, I was totally up for it as toehooks are kind of my thing. To my big surprise, I was able to work through the crux quite quickly with that toehook and when I then also did the topout with relative ease, I started to believe in an ascent.
I didn't want to pressure myself too much, so started trying from the sitstart with my relaxed mindset of just trying from the start and we'll where I can get. Climbing with such mindset definitely helps to take the sending stress away and beyond all expectations, I suddenly climbed all the way to the top. It took me at least half an hour to realize what I had just done and felt sorry for Jan that it wasn't his top day and that he had to leave it behind for the day. I'm sure that when his body wants to follow, that he will get it too.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Energie Collective 8A(8A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment