Wednesday, February 23, 2022

February 23, 2022 - One that counts.

Being off work on Wednesdays is nice. It gives me the possibility to go to areas that I would usually try to avoid during the weekends to avoid any potential crowds. I appreciate the forest so much more when I'm alone.
When I was on my way to Rocher Saint-Germain this morning, it didn't look as dry as I hoped for, but the rock felt doable. It was far from perfect, but good enough to start trying "Un P qui Compte",my main goal for the day.
I warmed up trying the first move and to my surprise, I cruised it, until the belly, where I fell out. That definitely felt promising. I took the time to work out the part over the belly, and when I was confident enough about that part, I turned on the camera thinking that "Un P qui Compte" would go down pretty soon. Somehow though, the left toehook at the start didn't want to stick anymore and I couldn't do the first move anymore. I must admit that it started to frustrate me a bit as the fruitless attempts were counting up more and more. Almost half an hour later, having still not topped out, I took a longer break. Apparently it was what I needed, because on my second attempt after the break, I managed to work my way up to the top. Truly a beauty, this one.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Un P qui Compte 7B(7B+)



My main goal for the day was done, but I still wanted to climb and made quick ascent of "Le Cisrhénan (direct)", doing it on my second attempt. This particular boulder has always been special to me, as it is the first boulder that I can remember when I came to Bleau for the very first time many, many years ago.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Le Cisrhénan (direct) 7A



I ended up trying "La Vague Scélérate" on one of the first boulders in the area when coming from the parking, but got shut down by it after always falling off the very last moves. I was exhausted, but satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment