Sunday, February 20, 2022

February 20, 2022 - Recharging.

The weather last Wednesday wasn't good but there was a lot of wind and during a dry moment, I drove to Coquibus Auvergne where I was able to make a very quick ascent of the very quick drying "Queen Auvergne". For once, I didn't bother to write a blogpost about it that same evening, so here is the video of me doing the problem on my second attempt last Wednesday.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Auvergne - Queen Auvergne 6C+(7A)


Yesterday it was apparently a beautiful sunny day, but as I had to be in Belgium, I couldn't take advantage of it.
I left Belgium this morning and had hoped to be at home around 14h, but due to making a detour to see my son's new student studio in Paris, and at the same time drop off some things that he needed, I was back much later.
It rained a lot on the way to Paris and a hard wind pushed my car sideways sometimes, so I had to adapt my speed and drive extra careful. The announced storm was well on its way to struck probably hard later this evening and during the night. There was less and less rain the closer I got to Paris, so I didn't fear for wet boulders, but rather hoped that I would be home early enough to do some climbing after the drive.
It was almost two hours later than planned that I arrived home and after a very short break from the drive, I jumped back into the car for yet another drive, but this time it was only two minutes to Justice de Noisy. 
I didn't care much about what I had still left to climb there, and walked straight to "Fifi Brin d'Acier", a nice pillar that I deliberately left aside especially for a moment like today. It felt great to be back home in the forest, even after being away for just one day, and the motivation was high. The conditions were quite good and I topped the problem on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Fifi Brin d'Acier 6C(7A)



A quick look on bleau.info on my phone helped to find another problem that I hadn't done before, and I moved over to the nearby "L'Azur Estival". I had never tried this because it didn't seem to be my style, but in the end I only needed a handful of attempts to climb my way up.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - L'Azur Estival 7B(7A+)



Immediately after, I also finished "L'Azuré Commun" just left of it, also on my second attempt and repeated it again, but this time filmed from a different angle. I felt like I was completely recharged again after the long drive earlier today.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - L'Azuré Commun 7A(6C)

No comments:

Post a Comment