Wednesday, February 9, 2022

February 09, 2022 - Just like Spring.

It was only 0°C when I left home this morning but the weather was announced to be beautiful. With a clear blue sky it looked like the forecast was going to come true. Being Wednesday, I drove towards Cuvier without any real goal, I just wanted to try some more of the new boulders opened by Manuel (Marquès) in Petit Rempart and more importantly, enjoy the forest in solitude, which is not for granted during the weekend in that and the nearby areas. As I wanted to find most of the new boulders, I spent more time trying some than that I actually topped, but nevertheless got away with nice little harvest.
The first one that I managed to top out was "Maboule", a short problem with not too painful holds, so ideal for a good body wake-up call.

Fontainebleau - Petit Rempart - Maboule 7A



"Le Nœud Pap" wasn't new, and not opened by Manuel, but as it is right next to "Maboule", it was an obvious choice. I only needed two attempts for it, and even though the top part was quite sketchy, it rather felt soft for the proposed 7A+. Nice climb nevertheless.

Fontainebleau - Petit Rempart - Le Nœud Pap 7A+



A few fails on other boulders nearby later, I ended up at "Drôle de Trou". A quite uncommon start for on this boulder, and even though some might not like it, I had some fun. It did require quite some energy and after I was able to finish "Drôle de Trou (direct)", I needed a little break.

Fontainebleau - Petit Rempart - Drôle de Trou (direct) 7A+(7B)



The weather was just like a Spring day and knowing that I still had some tasks planned at home, I decided to use the break to walk to "Bon alors Bon..." on my way back to the car. 
This is one is at the very end of Cuvier Rempart, but might as well belong to the Petit Rempart area. I could feel that I had lost already quite a bit of energy in all the other boulders, including those that I didn't top out, but despite that, I still managed to pull it off and top out this small, but nice slopey prow. It was a good end of the session.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Rempart - Bon alors Bon... 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment