Monday, March 8, 2021

March 08, 2021 - Keep on whaling.

As the sunny weather was forecasted to continue until Tuesday, I had taken some time off work on Monday; today. Only half a working day, but enough time to finish some work around the house, do a bit of climbing and especially enjoy this cold but beautiful weather.
I had a bit of soar muscles from yesterday, but that didn't withheld me from going back to the small boulder of "Aire de Repos", that I brushed and opened a few weeks ago. Besides "Aire de Repos", I had another logical line in mind, but as it starts on the North side of the roof, it was far from dry enough and I didn't bother cleaning it completely. Greg ('Gars des Bois on bleau.info), who repeated "Aire de Repos", had the same vision, and despite being so kind to clean the remainder of the line, he didn't have the energy left to finish it that day.
Lots of slopers and a hard mantle. Leaving all aesthetics behind, I made it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Bois des Hauts de Milly - Détour Pour un Repos (droite) 7A



Also did it with a sitstart as for "Aire de Repos", but using the pedestal and a vertical hold, reach for the lip of the roof near the start of "Détour Pour un Repos (droite)" and finish the same. This time the aesthetics were gone completely, but don't be fooled, that was only my impression of a stranded whale, bodily expressed.

Fontainebleau - Bois des Hauts de Milly - Détour Pour un Repos 7A(7A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment