Sunday, March 21, 2021

March 21, 2021 - Lost & Found.

With the new confinement measures that went into effect yesterday, we are only allowed to go 10km away from home, but unlimited in time. Despite that, we still have to complete a a form every time we leave the house. The 10km radius this time, allows me to go the whole Trois Pignons, Coquibus, and part of Franchard, until the far end of Franchard Isatis. The new measures will last for four weeks.

As I had to work until 14h in the afternoon yesterday, I wasn't in my usual rhythm when I was finally able to go for a climb and I felt totally off the beat. I wanted to try a completely new problem for me and while browsing some of the areas within my radius on bleau.info, my attention fell on "Gengis Khan" in Rocher de la Reine. A very nice pillar, but as I couldn't get myself into the beat enough again, I gave up after half an hour of non stop trying. I did make progress and I do see it potentially happening, but not yesterday.
I decided to look for something else and crossed the path towards Bois Rond, straight to the boulder of "Madara", a slow drying overhanging prow that had a high chance of being dry.
"Madara" was indeed dry and I was glad to be able to do it, but despite being tired, it rather felt like hard 7A, maybe 7A+ at most. It was only back home that I read that the start was without a supposed pedestal, being the lowest part of the boulder apparently. In my opinion it is simply part of the boulder as it hasn't broken off completely.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond - Madara (sans convention) 7A(7A+)



This morning, after doing some of the garden work that I had planned, I went back to Bois Rond as I wanted to do "Madara" using the conventional start, without the supposed pedestal.
It does indeed add more to the compression, making it a much nicer climb when you like compression moves. The topout felt more dirty than yesterday though.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond - Madara 7B(7A+)



LOST & FOUND ALERT
Yesterday (Saturday), I was one of the last climbers in Bois Rond, and noticed some belongings that looked like they were accidently left behind. As I could still hear some distant voices, I continued my way. When I was back in Bois Rond around 11h this morning (Sunday), the same belongings were still in the exact same spot and I was only person around. It concerns a cloth (small towel), a raisin poff ball and a small photo camera. I took it with me with the intent to post this information on several Fontainebleau Facebook pages, hoping to find the rightful owner. The pictures on that camera might be of sentimental value. 
If you believe this is yours or someone you know, please contact me. I can ask about some small details to determine the rightful owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment