Monday, April 22, 2019

April 22, 2019 - Under the radar.

I didn't know what I still had left in me this morning, but the motivation to climb was definitely still there.
As I didn't want to stay away for too long but still stay under the radar, I decided to go and try "Distorsion" on an isolated boulder at the outskirts of the nearby area of J.A. Martin. I still wanted to do a bike ride with the kids in the afternoon, so I left early.

It was still quite calm when I parked the car, but even at the isolated boulder of "Distorsion", other people never seemed to be far away. I had the boulder all for me though, so I took my time to work out the moves separately.
There was doubt if I would have enough skin left to be able to finish it completely today when I fell off the last move when coming from the start, but it turned out fine in the end.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Distorsion 7B+(7C)




On the other side of the same boulder, the beautiful overhang of "Changement de Forme" just begs to be climbed.
I sat down for what seemed the most logic, and easily flashed my way through it. This felt like easy 6C at most, maybe even 6B, depending on your reach.
It turned out that I had a somewhat extended version of the easier direct version. Nevertheless, the line was still beautiful.
It seems that the harder version starts even lower with fragile dirty holds, but these went completely unnoticed by me.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Changement de Forme (plus où moins direct)




It was a great Easter weekend! The weather was beautiful, maybe too hot at times, but with the right mindset it was perfect.
Besides passing by the overly crowded carparks and seeing climbers walking on the streets everywhere nearby them, the whole weekend we succeeded in staying under the radar and barely saw a person.

1 comment:

  1. Good job climbing the whole week-end without meeting another climber. I tried but without success.
    I'm enjoying a lot following your blog, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete