Sunday, April 7, 2019

April 07, 2019 - Métamorphose.

I don't think I would have gone to Beauvais Hameau quickly by myself, but as Cee (Desmet) and his wife Giorgia are around and they proposed some options, amongst them, Beauvais Hameau drew most of my attention. The boulder of "Métamorphose" in particular.

It was raining lightly when I left this morning and it didn't stop until I arrived at the site and waited for Cee and Giorgia to arrive.
Just before they arrived, it stopped raining, but the streets were wet and it didn't look like there would be a lot climbing done in the first hour.
By the time we found where we wanted to be, the boulder with Métamorphose, it was already dry again.
"Métamorphose" was the only boulder of interest to me in the area, so I was ready to go.
While Cee and Giorgia were warming up in some circuits a bit further down the area, I took my took to work out the standing start. It felt hard to start, but all in all, it didn't take very long to finish it.
Scary topout though.

Fontainebleau - Beauvais Hameau - Métamorphose 7A+




I needed some time again to work out the moves from the sitstart into the stand, but as soon as I got the hang of those, it only took me another two attempts to top this beauty out.
It doesn't happen very often, but this sitstart added some very nice moves and make it a four star problem for me.
I must admit that I was quite spooked when I slid off near the top as the landing is quite exposed, but luckily it turned out fine tis time.
I can really recommend this one!

Fontainebleau - Beauvais Hameau - Métamorphose (assis) 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment