Wednesday, July 11, 2018

July 11, 2018 - Let it go!

What I had hoped would be a calm week at work, the last week before my holiday, turned out to be extremely hectic for reasons I am not allowed to elaborate about.
The stress combined with the heat in the evening, made me tired and it was difficult to find the right motivation to go for a real climb. The work buzz just kept spinning around in my head.
This evening, I couldn't take it anymore and on my way home, I called to say that I would be late for dinner because had to go climbing first. I had to let work go and disconnect at least this evening.

I went to 95.2 Ouest, the newly named sector with the well known boulders of "Retour aux Sources", "Rudeboy" and "Symbiose".
It was more precisely on the "Symbiose" boulder that I wanted to try some recently opened problems.
The first one was the easiest, "Saint Bio / Bob l'Éponge (assis)", even though, the mantle was a bit of a surprise.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 Ouest - Saint Bio / Bob l'Éponge (assis) 7A




Next up was a variation of it traversing to the right, to top out near the exit of "Symbiose".
Even though the slightly higher proposed grade, I did this on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 Ouest - Bob l'Éponge (droite assis) 7A+(7A)




By this time, I could feel how my mind calmed down and slowly disconnected from work.
It felt like a huge relief, but I still wanted more, so I walked on to try "P'tite Mousse (assis)" on the other side of the hill.
Even though I always seemed to have trouble holding on to that sloper left hand, it only took me few tries to successfully top it out.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - P'tite Mousse (assis) 7A+(7B)




While walking back to the car, it struck me how there was no sign of stress anymore at all.
It feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment