Saturday, March 24, 2018

March 24, 2018 - Bouldering is a nice hobby.

After a very long and exhausting work week away from home, I was delighted to wake up at home in own bed and smell the Spring in the air that came in through the open window.
As usual, I got up early and did some household before leaving towards Apremont Brûlis.

I chose Apremont Brûlis, because it I knew it would be all peace and quiet out there. I needed to be alone in the forest for a while to really disconnect.
Also, now was a good time to go that area, because in a few weeks, the ferns will have grown back and some sectors will be difficult to reach.

I started in the main sector where I wanted to try "Crucifrixion (direct)", a recently published problem of which Jo Montchaussé had already told me about at least two years ago, insisting that I should go and try it, along with the long traverse to the right he had opened.
Now I was finally going to, but not the traverse.

It only took me a handful of tries, but it was nice.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Crucifrixion (direct) 7B(7A+)




After receiving some directions from Jean-Pierre (Roudneff), I finally found the nice little pillar with "Hobby".
For those who want to know, it's on the small hill to the right of the small hill with "Saï".
I flashed this one with relative ease.
Still a nice little pillar.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Hobby 7A(6C+)




Deeper into Apremont Brûlis, in another sector, I wanted to try "Bon Vol vers la Pologne".
I found a different method than Manuel Marquès, but still definitely worth its grade and in the line.
Very nice problem this one!

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Bon Vol vers la Pologne 7B




Later in the afternoon, after meeting someone in Buthiers, I was able to flash "L'Écureuil Fou (direct)".
I tried, but will have to come back to finish the original version with a much harder topout more to the left.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - L'Écureuil Fou (direct) 7A+(7A)




It felt great to be outside with finally some nice weather!
Bouldering is such a nice hobby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment