Sunday, March 11, 2018

March 11, 2018 - Swollen fingers.

After doing "Vandale" last week, my fingers were literally vandalised.
A tear in the skin next the nail of my pinky finger got infected and left me with swollen fingers.
Almost the whole week after, it had been raining, and for once I didn't mind that much. I wouldn't have been able to climb anyway with fingers that needed healing.
I knew, however, that by the time the weekend was there they could be fixed enough again for another dose of climbing, but the weather was announced to be rainy and thus very wet.

Saturday indeed started with rain, but early in the afternoon, the sky cleared open, the sun came out and with temperatures rising up to 18°C, it became very warm.
Unfortunately, the high temperature and the humid earth from all the rain condensed the whole forest and everything was and stayed soaking wet.
The only dry boulder that I found was "Ariane 5" in J.A. Martin, in which I made some good attempts, but I will have to go back for it.

Ariane 5 in J.A. Martin.

This morning, after a very rainy night, I did some household stuff to keep busy while being patient for it to dry outside and left just before noon.
Again, despite that it was forecasted to be clouded with showers, the sky was blue for most for most of the day.
I hoped for dry, non-condensed boulders in the quiet areas of CĂ´tes de Courances and Montrouget deep in the Coquibus, but even though I tried a few boulders here and there, the conditions didn't let me finish any of them. It was mostly a lot of walking, but as I'm so fond of the quietness and beauty of the Coquibus, I didn't mind.

My body felt exhausted when I arrived back at the car around 16h, but thanks to the warm and beautiful day, I was hungry for more and decided to stop at Canche aux Merciers.
The boulders were much less condensed and had started to actually dry, but not enough to say that the conditions were in favour.
Despite that, I did end up repeating "Gros Doigts", just for fun and finishing at least something, and for my video archive.

Fontainebleau - Canche aux Merciers - Gros Doigts 7A(7A+)


No comments:

Post a Comment