Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December 26, 2017 - Spot the deer.

For nine days in a row, everything was constantly wet!
There wasn't much rain, but constantly you could feel and see the humidity falling down, keeping everything wet all the time.
Besides making long walks, trying the first 2 or 3 moves of an overhanging boulder here and there, celebrating Christmas and so on, not much has happened.

The most exciting thing that happened was yesterday, when I walked all the way to Apremont Fond des Gorges, just to look at wet boulders and secretly hoping for a miracle. It wouldn't have been the first on a 25th of December.
When I was walking towards "Saigon", I spotted a group of about 3 or 4 big deers at barely 30 meters from me.
Usually they run off immediately and by the time you can take a picture, they are gone, but not this time.
They were spooked, but remained still and watched me, as if they were waiting to see what my next move would be. I slowly took my phone out of my pocket, lifted it up to take a picture, which scared them, but I was able to take a picture of the last one of them.

Spot the deer.

Finally today, the sun was able to peek through from time to time and there was some wind, but the humidity in the air was still almost 100%, making it dry slowly.
I found a dry moment to spend in Canche aux Merciers, where most was still too humid, but "Poisson Pané" was doable and I was simply eager to climb after 9 days of non-activity.

Humidity, some time pressure, bad skin, blah, blah and blah. "Poisson Pané" felt hard for the grade!

Fontainebleau - Canche aux Merciers - Poisson Pané 7A




Hoping for better weather, but besides Thursday, it doesn't look any good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment