Saturday, December 16, 2017

December 16, 2017 - Better than nothing.

It had been a very busy work week with no room for climbing. When I wasn't working, it was either wet or dark already.
For today, the weather was announced to be quite good, but this morning everything was soaking wet.
The sky was mostly clear though and I gave it some time to dry while doing household.

It was already past noon when I arrived in 95.2, only to find nearly all the boulders still wet.
I hadn't set my hopes high, but I must say that I was slightly surprised and disappointed.
The top of "Miss KGB" was wet, but the holds in the slightly overhanging wall were dry enough and I started trying the first moves.
It didn't last long though, because barely ten minutes later it started raining. Not very hard, but long enough to make the key holds of "Miss KGB" unusable for the rest of the day.

A few more showers followed and I almost decided to go back home until I noticed a blue spot between the clouds in the distance. It was in the direction from where the wind came, and slowly it was coming my way.
I waited for a while, saw that the holds of "Futurs Barbares (direct)", that I wanted to try, had become wet, so I moved to probably the only boulder of the area that could be dry already, the boulder of "Tentation".
It's facing South on the South face of the hill and not overshadowed by trees, so it dries very quick.

It was indeed already dry, apart from the two last holds on the top, but these are quite good.
The conditions on "Tentation (assis)" were surprisingly good and the send didn't take very long.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Tentation (assis) 7B




More people had arrived in the meantime, coming from different directions, and it turned out that the only two dry boulders in the area at the moment, were "Tentation" and the nearby classic "Retour aux Sources".
I had already done "Retour aux Sources" back in 2010, but not having it on video yet and as there was seemingly nothing else, I started working in it with some other climbers. It was better than nothing.

The conditions could have been better and I could feel that I lost quite some energy in "Tentation (assis)" after all, but it turned out to be quite a fun session with some sends, including mine.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Retour aux Sources 7A




Hoping for better weather and conditions tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment