Sunday, December 17, 2017

December 17, 2017 - Have a laugh.

It was cold and humid today. The sun came out once in a while, but never long enough to make any difference, resulting in boulders that barely dried and remained humid.
Even on the top of the hill of Cuisinière, everything was still too wet.
On my way back down the hill, I bumped into two French climbers, Greg and Romain, who were also looking for something dry, but in vain.
They told me, however, that "Excalibur" looked doable when they passed by it earlier and they were going back to try it after a short warmup.
I wanted to have another look around first, but even though tried, I had never done "Excalibur", so I agreed to join them later.

It didn't take long though, before I arrived at "Excalibur", nothing was dry. Even the top of "Excalibur" looked wet.
Greg and Romain were still warming up when I started trying already.
The holds on the arete were dry, but the bad pinch started to become dark and feel humid after a few tries.
It took a few minutes between tries before it was good enough to pull hard on it again, but many times we would slip off without warning.

We lost a lot of skin slipping off that bad pinch so many times, but it was a fun session with a good laugh and at least I was able to finish it with the top being wet.
To me, "Excalibur" has always felt hard, even in better conditions.
Definitely worth 7A+ if you ask me!

Fontainebleau - Cuisinière Crête Sud - Excalibur 7A(7A+)


No comments:

Post a Comment