Friday, December 8, 2017

December 08, 2017 - The next step.

Cuvier is, relative to driving distance from the office and walking distance from the car, the most beneficial area after work on a Friday when the office closes at 16h.
The drive is just under half an hour, leaving me with about half an hour of enough daylight left to climb comfortably this time of the year.
Well, comfortably is a bit of an overstatement considering time pressure to get something done, but it's better than nothing. Even ten minutes of climbing can be satisfying.

Last week when I did "La Bérézina", it had crossed my mind to also try "Bérézina-Carnage", but the boulder's best conditions were over and more people started to arrive, so in the end I didn't.
I did have the feeling however, that now I had done "Le Carnage", "Carnazina" and "La Bérézina", that "Bérézina-Carnage" would be a logical next step.
I knew all the moves, had done them all before in previous lines, so there wouldn't be too much time loss working it out. If only the conditions would be in favour.

My skin needed a few tries to get warmed up, but with each attempt, the friction seemed to become better.
After not climbing for a few days, the skin on my fingers becomes so thick that I can't feel any sensation of the friction, even when the conditions are good. It can be quite annoying sometimes.
Anyway, now it luckily didn't take that long to find the friction and to my big surprise I already topped "Bérézina-Carnage" after not even 20 minutes.
A beautiful line!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Bérézina-Carnage 7C+




Oh yeah, I've got a new stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment