Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 29, 2017 - Another classic.

It was still -1°C when I left for Cuvier at 9h in the morning. I had just finished scratching the ice of my windshield and it seemed to take forever for the condensed windows to clear up inside.
I left early, because I wanted to profit from the ice cold morning temperature to try "La Bérézina" (aka "L'Abbé Résina" in some topos).
It's one of the biggest classics of its grade for the area, but I had only spent some real time last Wednesday when the conditions started out good, but worsened quickly.
Even though it had rained last evening and the ground was still wet in most places, the skies had cleared up during the night, and when I came outside it was of those of days where you just feel it in the air that the boulders will be dry and in pristine conditions.
At that moment, I felt like the luckiest man on earth to still be in holiday.
I knew that I had to leave early though, because as soon as the sun would warm up the air, the icy frost would start melting and dripping from the trees, finding its way down on the boulders.

It felt freezing cold, but my fingers warmed up quickly on the slopers of "La Bérézina" that were stickier than I ever felt before.
The melting had begun however, and there was a constant ticking sound of drops falling from the big old oak tree onto the crashpad.
The boulder started dripping water, which was luckily guided by forces of nature, right in between the first two slopers.
Some slopers on the top were wet though, but after carefully marking where the dry spots were, I ended up finishing "La Bérézina" aka "L'Abbé Résina".

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - La Bérézina / L'Abbé Résina 7C


No comments:

Post a Comment