Sunday, November 19, 2017

November 19, 2017 - Puzzled.

When I'm forced to stay at home due to it being wet outside, I can never sit still.
I can't sit or stand and do nothing. I always have to have something to work on, fiddle on, etc... to keep me busy.
What many people probably don't know is that, on dark evenings, I can spend hours of puzzling.
1000, 1500 and up to 2000 pieces. More than that and it wouldn't even fit on the table anymore.
It keeps me busy and at the same time calms me down and brings me into deep relaxation.

Yesterday, I questioned if patience if sometimes worth it.
Today, I must answer 'yes' to that question.
Because of the rain last night and the grey skies in the morning, I had no choice but to wait for it to dry.
To keep busy, I spent a couple of hours cleaning out and tidying up the washing room.
Having done that, it was already 14h30 when I arrived in 95.2.
For once, I didn't care about the crowd (which was definitely present). I just wanted to be sure to be able to climb something without having to look around too much and walked straight to "Captain Hook" on the top of the hill.
It's the most popular and thus most crowded part of 95.2, but I knew that "Captain Hook" isn't a popular problem, so most likely it would be free. And dry!

I had already worked out the sequence of "Captain Hook" before, but had to wait for better conditions to make some real attempts.
Surprisingly, the conditions on the boulder were quite good, much better than one would expect after such a wet morning, and after about fifteen minutes of work it was done.

It's a very short problem on a small boulder, but I can appreciate every move on hold on it.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Captain Hook 7B(7B+)




I still made some good attempts in "Futurs Barbares (direct)" and finished off the afternoon with a flash video repeat of "Triplette", which was also in surprisingly good condition.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Triplette 7A




Walking back to the car, I wondered what would be the best. Patience or no patience.
Sometimes you can be too early, but also too late.
I was puzzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment