Saturday, March 12, 2016

March 12, 2016 - What's for Désert ?

I parked late in the morning at the tavern on the main parking of Apremont, took my crashpad and my bag and started walking.

A couple of days ago, they have made a decision to rename a part of the Apremont Désert area. The sector with "Le Gong" is now logically called Apremont Mare aux Biches. My mind was set on going to Apremont Mare aux Biches and try "Déserteur" and right next to it, "Tempête du Désert".
It's a long walk up to there, but I didn't mind.
The weather was announced good and I expected a lot of people in the forest. I wanted to avoid the crowds, so it seemed a good choice. Besides, I had never been there before so it would be nice to see it finally.

I think I must have missed a turn somewhere, because I found myself somewhere else than I expected so I had to look around a bit and arrived at the area from the other side than I had in mind.
Anyway, I got there and I was alone. Perfect!
At first glance, "Déserteur" looked like something I would do quickly. At second glance too, because I did it on my second go. That went easy.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Mare aux Biches - Déserteur 7A




A couple of meters to the right of "Déserteur" there is a really nice backwards dyno.

"Tempête du Désert" was the second problem that was on my list for today.
When I looked at it, I knew that this was totally my style. A nearly horizontal backwards dyno.
The sitstart is a bit stupid to it, because it is just too easy to add any difficulty to the problem. But as it was opened with a sitstart, you have to do it with a sitstart.

The difficulty here is getting into the position to do the jump.
I took a tiny crimp low under the roof, let my body hang backwards and leaned into two small underclings with my thumbs.
At first it feels awkward and scary to try to move dynamically from that position, but after a few tries I got the hang of it. I was ready to try from the start.
It seemed I prepared myself good, because the problem went down on my second go from the sitstart.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Mare aux Biches - Tempête du Désert 7B+(7B)




With my main goals done already, much faster than I had hoped, it was time for some desert.
I needed a short rest and those who read my blog regularly probably remember that I mostly take my rests while walking to another sector or area.
Having done quite the walk already, I decided to continue on to Apremont Désert.

I must have taken a wrong turn again somewhere, because I suddenly arrived at the other big parking of Apremont Chaos. That's the whole other side than where I started and where my car was parked.
I looked at the small map in the back of the topo, but couldn't figure out how to take the direct way to Apremont Désert, so I started walking again, determined to stay on the same path until I would arrive somewhere I would be able to orientate.
Experience has learned me that once you start taking turns, you most likely end up walking in circles, so straight on I went.
I don't know how long I exactly walked, but it seemed pretty long until I finally arrived at the Route de Clair Bois.
I knew that Apremont Désert was alongside this path somewhere, but I didn't know which way. Common sense and looking at the sun told me I had to take a left. A while later I found the crossing with the Route du Chouette and I knew I had to go right direction the boulders from there.
Unfortunately also direction some noise.

Apremont Désert was known as a small spread out area with a couple of hard boulders, but since 2014 a lot more has been opened and the area has gained a lot in popularity since.
Some groups of climbers had gathered around a variety of boulders, and I felt lucky to find "Rubik's Cube" away from the crowds.
At least, that was until I had done a few tries in it.
A group of climbers started climbing in some yellow problems on the same boulder and were loudly encouraging each other.
I don't really blame them for being loud, but I found it a little bit showing little respect for their fellow climbers.
I know I can shout and swear too a lot when I'm failing, but I only do that when I'm alone or  alone with friends. Once other people are around, if they are climbers, hikers, bikers or whatever, I keep my peace and certainly don't want to disturb theirs.
It would have been a different story if I would have been the one who chose to climb near them, being noisy. Than it would have been my choice to deal with the noise.
The forest is for all of us to use and stroll about, so I hurried up with my tries and wanted it done as soon as possible so I could leave again and be in peace.
About ten minutes I still had to endure the noise, but then I had it. Phew, I was finally going to pack up and leave.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Désert - Rubik's Cube 7A+(7B)




From there I walked back direction the car, stopping at several areas on my way, actually making detours to pass some more.
These are the areas I still stopped for short climbs, some tries here and there ... Apremont Envers, Apremont Vallon de la Solitude, Apremont Vallon de Sully and Apremont Butte aux Dames.

I was exhausted when I arrived back at the car.
My step counter app showed 19613 steps for a total of 14,71 km.
Not bad at all, I say!

When I arrived home, I took desert in the form of taking my oldest son for a bike ride of almost 10 km.
I think I will sleep good!

No comments:

Post a Comment