Saturday, April 3, 2021

April 03, 2021 - Plant a tree.

A little more than a week ago, I spent some time trying the beautiful "La Neuvième Forme" from Olivier Lebreton. I came pretty close, but the conditions of my skin and thus the friction, didn't feel good enough to really push through. When I arrived back home that day, by coincidence a package arrived from Belgium. It came from Chalk Rebels and contained their improved chalk and skin repair cream. I remember thinking that if it would have arrived earlier, or I had left for climbing later, my chances on "La Neuvième Forme" would have been different, especially with the Crystal cream, ideal for people who quickly have sweaty hands and fingers, like me.
The whole week I couldn't stop thinking about going back to "La Neuvième Forme" and of course it was one of the first things that I did this morning. Armed with two crashpads and my supply of Crystal and Chalk cream, I felt ready. On top of that, there was a nice breeze coming from the North that kept everything nice and cool.

The friction felt much better than last week, especially using the Crystal cream as soon as my fingers started feeling sweaty after loosing some of its skin. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with how good that Crystal cream works. I know my fingers, of course, and I could really notice a big difference.
For me this is a true five star problem. The moves are superbe and the topout makes it just scary enough to hang on for your dear life and don't miss that very last move on the mantle. I didn't take two crashpads just for pleasure.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Canard - La Neuvième Forme 7B(7B+)



Chalk Rebels has only just launched their products and are already starting to become an established brand within the Belgian climbing community. Unfortunately, like in many other countries currently, the climbing halls are closed and even though it's not much, I'm trying to help them out. Not just because they are friends, but also because I like their stance towards the environment and nature. They only use natural and environment friendly ingredients for their products plant a tree for every sold product. On top of that, they contribute 1% of revenue to environmental charities through the "1% For The Planet" program.
Have a look on their website, read all about their products and philosophy on their website by clicking on the Chalk Rebels banner on the right. Why not order one of their products and build up some stock. Go ahead, plant a tree!



No comments:

Post a Comment