Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 24, 2021 - No blah.

Don't feel like writing much and have no inspiration anyway.
A beautiful day today with a morning well spent in Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise and the afternoon working in the garden again.

Warmed up this morning with doing "Cajou-Line" on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise - Cajou-Line 7A



The new "Cliff Hangar" on the boulder next to it, took quite some more tries, but still went down quicker than expected. It does fit my dynamic style, but I'm not convinced about the grade. Dyno's like these are always hard to grade, but it didn't feel more than soft 7C to me.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise - Cliff Hangar 7C+



There was always much confusion about the original version of "Waterloo" due to its quite illogical convention, which is the reason why I never tried it before. Now that there is a separate page for the more logical line of "Waterloo (sans convention)", I decided to give it a go.
Went down quite quick, but as I dabbed the pad and had the impression that it could have helped, I took a short break and repeated without dab and without much struggle.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Vallée de l'Eglise - Waterloo (sans convention) 7B+



It was nice to meet Jan (Gorrebeeck), Jan (de Smit), Nat and Jeremy again a little after my session. They were parked next to my car and I went around looking for them as there weren't many places they could have gone to.
Strange to think that they are allowed to come on holiday for a weekend or longer, but that we are still confined to maximum 10km from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment