Monday, April 5, 2021

April 05, 2021 - Crystal clear.

Usually, the days after climbing, I tend to have sweaty fingers because of lost skin. Today was no different, but standing in front of the boulder of "La Voie Active" in Mont Pivot this morning, I was about to put the Crystal Cream from Chalk Rebels to the test. If it weren't for Christophe Laumone, who opened another very hard problem on that boulder, "Le Retour de l'Imparfait" would have been the last problem for me to do on it.
"Le Retour de l'Imparfait" follows the same line as "La Voie Active (gauche)", but makes an easier exit above the start of "L'Imparfait du Subversif". As I had spent so many sessions on "La Voie Active (gauche)", falling off the last move countless times, I had the majority of the problem still in body and to warm up I quickly practiced the second part of the problem. I knew it was just a matter of keeping enough friction until the end when coming from the start. Something which always is a problem with sweaty fingertips.
Two attempts later, it was crystal clear to me that Chalk Rebels' Crystal Cream does make a difference. After having applied and rubbed some in my fingertips and letting it dry for a minute or two, my fingers were not sweaty at all and the friction felt like climbing in almost perfect conditions. I'm curious what effect it will have during hot Summer days or evenings.

Fontainebleau - Mont Pivot - Le Retour de l'Imparfait 7B+





Crystal clear!


No comments:

Post a Comment