Thursday, July 4, 2024

July 04, 2024 - Instant classic.

I had seen "L'Ecrevisse à Pattes Blanches" in Rocher Cailleau only once many years ago. Being on the backside of the boulder of "Moules Frites", it was on the last day of the year 2015, when I did the sitstart of the latter. I didn't try it, because I vaguely remember that it was out of my league back then, or maybe it wasn't dry, or both. Being in a very isolated part of the area where I didn't return to, I had forgotten about it until I stumbled upon it again when looking for a nearby boulder to climb after dinner this evening.
With that plan, I left after dinner, and when I arrived at the boulder and inspected the problem, I didn't think I would be able to do any of the moves. Funny thought, realizing I actually did it barely half an hour later.
The problem allows for working out all the moves separately, and I took advantage of that. When I then also managed to do the mantle, I got quite confident. A handful of tries later, I made it all the way through, out of the pit and on to the boulder.
I'm pretty sure that this very nice problem would be an instant classic if it was located in the middle of some popular area. Good thing that it isn't!!

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - L'Ecrevisse à Pattes Blanches 7B+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment