Saturday, June 8, 2024

June 08, 2024 - Léon.

I had a first experience with "Léon" in Recloses last week, but as the top was wet, I could only try the first part, which helped to get a good first impression and realizing that it is way harder than I expected it to be for the grade. Looking at the grades given by the handful of registered of repeaters, it was obvious that they thought similar and three out of five gave it 7B+, one even 7C and only one 7B.
As my youngest son Noah is having his late birthday party in the forest this afternoon, I didn't have very much time for climbing and I could only hope to finish "Léon" during this morning's short session.
The boulder was completely dry now, and my first few attempts were promising. There was a slow but steady progress with nearly each attempt, only to discover that it wasn't getting easier the higher I got. Even a climber from the generation of Jacky Godoffe who walked by and with whom I short but nice talk, said that this one is under quoted.
After a short break, I had a new highpoint and it was the first time that I actually believed that "Léon" could go down this session. Another couple of attempts and very short breaks later, I made my way up, standing my ground on the grade being no less than 7B+. Hard, but beautiful.

Fontainebleau - Recloses - Léon 7B+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment