Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 17, 2022 - Boogie man.

We hadn't seen much of the forecasted rain the past few days, but when the clouds had gone going very grey by the time that I finished work today, I knew that I only had a short window of climbing. No time to call Bart (Van Raaij) and Markus (Neher) who are staying in a nearby gîte, so I went to the very nearby "La Ségognole" alone, with the intention to try "Homegrown Backyard Boogie".
Being so close to home, I of course had already tried a few times, but never found a good method to actually reach the slopers on the edge of the roof. After carefully analyzing the few possibilities, I finally found a way to get to the slopers, but it turned out that topping out with only bad slopers was certainly not a give-away. A few drops of rain had fallen in the meantime, but luckily not enough to make the boulder wet.
A couple of attempts later, trying only the topout, I also found a way there and went for another attempt from the start. It's a good thing that I only needed one, because barely ten minutes after I topped out, it started raining hard, very hard.
Not the nicest problem around, but definitely worth it when you have done almost everything else in the area.

Fontainebleau - La Ségognole - Homegrown Backyard Boogie 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment