Saturday, August 6, 2022

August 06, 2022 - Like Caesar said.

"Rêve Errance" in Roche d'Hercule is one of those boulders that I could only dream of when I saw it for the first time about fifteen years ago. It looked impossible at that time, but when I tried it for the first time a few months ago, I was able to work out all of the moves, except for one. It was only yesterday evening though that I decided to go back, take two crashpads and make it my main goal.
It was a short burden to carry both crashpads up to the top of the hill, but it turned out to be well worth it. I quickly was able to work out the moves again, and found another method using a high right heelhook instead of the left for the crux move. Thinking it would be as good as over after the crux move, I hadn't tried the topout and fell out of it on my second attempt from the start. The third attempt, I paid more attention to my foot placement at the topout and with great relief made it to the top barely half an hour after arriving at the boulder.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - Rêve Errance 7C(7C+)



Pieter had sent me a message in the meantime, and as he was in Fontainebleau, he decided to come over to say hi. While waiting, I move the crashpads under "Fenbren le Fou", which I was able to tick off as well before Pieter arrived.
Like Caesar said very long ago: 'Veni, vidi, vici'.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - Fenbren le Fou 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment