Saturday, October 17, 2020

October 17, 2020 - Some kind of secrecy.

After I saw Maxime Baroud's latest video right after the end of the quarantine featuring quite some new boulders, I immediately was drawn to the magnificent boulder of "Kong" and "King", opened by him. A roof with huge compression moves that really looked beautiful.
For some time, I had been looking for information, and tried several channels, but found nothing that even remotely gave me a hint of where it could be. The only thing that I knew was that it's somewhere in the huge forests around Boissy aux Cailles.
Finally, today, I managed to get the location of the boulder. Thanks again to the person providing me the information. This is hugely appreciated.
Thanks to the detailed indications, Bram (Honorez) and I quickly found the boulder where we both stood in awe, silently agreeing that this is a true hidden gem. On our way there, I noticed a broken sign that clearly said "Propriété Privé", private property, at one certain point in time. Hence maybe the some kind of secrecy that seemed to hang around the boulder's location. It is also the reason why I will not disclose its location publicly until it is actually published.
Coincidently, some other climber(s) had left 4 or 5 crashpads stacked under the boulder, and even though it was possible to work out the moves with only mine, I did make use of them as they were blocking the start of all the lines on the boulder. If those climbers happen to read this, I did put them back as they were after my session and I thank you for the understanding of me having used them.

The main reason I was there, was to try "Kong", of which I was able to work out all the moves and do the boulder in two part. Even though the start offers good holds, the wide compression sucks a lot of energy out of the body and there wasn't enough left to try and link it all together. Also, I could feel the leftovers from "Prouesse (assis)" that I had done the evening before. It took more out of me than it felt yesterday.
In the meantime, I was made aware of some other less hard problems on that beautiful boulder, such as "30ème Rugissant (gacuhe)", opened by Alain Dupas. Some really nice moves that unexpectedly worked out.

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - 30ème Rugissant (gauche)  7B(7A+)



Also "Godzilla" was opened by Alain Dupas.

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - Godzilla 7A



One of the other boulders featured on Maxime's video, was the very nice looking "CQP (gauche)", that had the same kind of secrecy around it. It was by pure coincidence that I found it at only about 30m from the "Kong" boulder.
This definitely looked easier than it is. That left shoulder move took a lot of power. Much more than one would think. Nevertheless, a truly nice line!

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - CQP (gauche) 7A+



I will go back to "Kong" very soon. Probably tomorrow already, but as my body feels really tired, I'm not expecting too much of it. The boulder and its surroundings are simply calling me over.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Filip,
    would you be willing to share at least some additional hints about the location of Kong? I know the Boissy-aux-Cailles areas quite well, and I promise to be discreet, anyway I am mostly climbing alone.
    Cheers and Thanks
    Friedemann (friedemannloos(at)gmail.com)

    PS: Thanks a lot for your blog btw, always nice to read. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete