Saturday, August 15, 2020

August 15, 2020 - Death of a scorpion.

 It has finally cooled down a bit until just below 30°C in the afternoon, which is still hot, but it's especially the morning that feels so much fresher again.
I was meeting a Belgian hometown friend with some of his family in Canche aux Merciers in the afternoon, and when browsing bleau.info for some interesting boulders in the nearby areas, I stumbled upon "Mort d'une Scorpion" in Canche aux Merciers Anarchodrome, the small sector right next to the classical area of Canche aux Merciers.
It's weekend, so already this morning, the parking of this popular spot was quite packed, but I was all alone in the somewhat neglected Anarchodrome sector. At barely 100m, I could hear small groups of climbers gathering in the classical sector.

It took a while before I figured out a method for "Mort d'une Scorpion", but it was one that suited my style of climbing. Compression, reachy, slopey, ... an ascent followed quickly.
Very nice problem that gave me a lot of fun.

Fontainebleau - Canche aux Merciers Anarchodrome - Mort d'une Scorpion 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment