Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 27, 2019 - Old time(r)s.

Two of my youth home town friends, Bart and Lynn, were here for the weekend and the plan was to all spend the night on the bivouac of the Hippodrome in Fontainebleau, just like the old times when I was still living in Belgium.
Knowing that we were going to climb together yesterday, I hadn't really set any expectations besides having a good time together in the forest, like the old times.

I had chosen to go to the Apremont areas because Bart and Lynn were better off with climbing some of the circuits. However, after walking up the hill of Apremont Envers, they already needed a break, so I started working out the moves of "Compresse Nez", the version that I already thought was too morpho.
Surprisingly, I found a way through the first crux and when I also found a method for the end, I started giving some real attempts.
I hurt my fairy tailbone again by falling on a big stone with it, but despite that, I managed to finish it after all.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Compresse Nez 7B+(7C)




The rest of the day was spent climbing some different coloured circuit lines, and grabbed a quick ascent of the not so difficult "Stephalloïde" in Apremont But aux Dames.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Dames - Stephalloïde 7A




Even though I had made a nice bed with the crashpad in my car, I had a terrible night due to a painful tailbone.
This morning I had the impression that wanting to do like the old times, rather made me feel like an old timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment