Monday, September 23, 2019

September 23, 2019 - Owe it to the rain.

It was barely a few weeks ago when I spent a good session on "Aeroheart", and was at inches from topping out so many times. The conditions were terrible and I decided to wait for better before trying it again.
It had finally rained a lot and quite hard at times, yesterday, which gave the boulders a good rinse and let the dust settle. The temperature also dropped a bit and there was some wind, so I was hoping for the best.
Looking at the weather forecast, I only had one good opportunity, which was today, a Monday. Luckily, my oldest son Anthony has piano lessons on Monday evening, which leaves me with some free time after work before heading to Milly-la-ForĂȘt to pick him up.

Knowing that after today, it will be rainy for at least a week, made me nervous and was about to give me sweaty hands, but the right mindset calmed me down and I calmly started my attempts.
Keeping calm is exactly what is needed to top this one out. Acting too quickly or making a slightly wrong move can immediately make the difference between falling off or topping out. Something I had noticed quite a few times before I finally did the latter. Still, I owe it to the rain.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Aeroheart 7C


No comments:

Post a Comment