Saturday, December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018 - False hope.

When I looked outside this morning, and watched the status of my front terrace, my hopes were for high for good climbing.
My front terrace is paved with Bleau sandstone, so mostly the condition my terrace is in, gives a good indication for the conditions of the boulders in the forest.
With the wind coming from the South-West, I knew that Drei Zinnen would catch a lot of it, so decided to try my chances there.
Despite my front terrace being nearly dry, the streets were still very wet, and when I arrived at Drei Zinnen, I feared for the worst.

Some boulders had started dry, but the conditions were far from good and some overhangs were even sparkled with condensation drops.
I quickly gave up hope on trying some harder projects, but set my priority to finding a dry line on the first place.
Against all odds, "Jubile", facing North was dry enough for an attempt.
As it's not a very attractive line, I had always left it aside, but now topped it on my second attempt. It was good a to warm up.

Fontainebleau - Drei Zinnen - Jubile 7A(6C+)




The boulders did dry a bit more when time passed, but there was so much humidity in the air that long breaks were needed to let the holds dry again after every couple attempts.
All in all, I did climb more than I had expected, but only came home with "Jubile". It was better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment